Thursday, April 29, 2010

A quick update

It has been a while since I have had time to sit and write an update and unfortunately this update will only be to say that I will be busy for the next week or so and likely unable to make a great contribution to my Mission Blog.

I will say that on April 18th we had a great Souper luncheon that was well attended and we raised over $400 for the trip.  On Monday April 19th we had the team from Food For the Hungry Canada attend our worship encounter.  Part of the team was Domingo Perez who grew up in Guatemala.  He gave his testimony as a large part of the evening and it was an amazing story.  Though he had plenty to be sad and depressed about Domingo seems to have kept a positive attitude and kept the crowd feeling his struggle while also keeping them positive.  A great evening for the team and the church.

You can track the ACC Mission Team on the FH Canada website here.

The team has nearly reached our financial goal and everyone is now simply starting to pack up gear and equipment to take.  Me personally, I think I am mentally ready to go, physically ready, but I am struggling with the emotional context of leaving my wife and kids for 12 days.  I have their support and for that I thank God and I am certain he will watch over them when I am gone. 

The only other thing I have to worry about is my job.  This is typically my busy time of year but I am certain that over 12 days things will not get to crazy there.  As an environmentalist I view this Mission as a way for me to expose my self to a new environment and maybe spread my views about environmental conservation, especially in terms of water.

Keep praying friends and know that you are all in my prayers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment