Wednesday, May 19, 2010

17/05/10

Yesterday was packing day and an appreciation day for the family members of the team.  We met at Ray and Kim's and had a great barbeque, awesome discussions, and more bonding.  It wasn't just the team members that bonded either, it was everyone from adults to children.  We were creating a community within a community. 

It is really sinking in now about what I am involved in and I am getting really excited.  The practice run for packing was a bit nuts for me.  It is nothing like packing for a backpacking trip.  There are number of variables to consider that when in the woods, I never think about.  Things like metal detectors, weight and size restrictions, hungry conveyor belts that destroy laces and straps.  It is also not recommended that I wear my hiking boots through the airport, due to the above mentioned metal detectors.  Apparently it is best that I wear something I can kick off and on in a hurry that way I am not holding up the line.  Thanks for the information Chris. 

When I get a chance I will talk about the issues I am having with leaving work for a week and a half.  Right now things are a bit hectic.  Likely from this point I will be writing in my journal and since internet is doubtful  where we are heading I will update the blog when I get back.

I would appreciate it if you could say a prayer for the team and our families.

Here we go team....:P

No comments:

Post a Comment