Tuesday, March 16, 2010

13/03/10


Today we had a bake sale at the Gateway Mall in Sussex and I have to be honest at first I had some huge reservations about this fundraising idea. I wondered if we would be able to pull together enough baked goods to make any money. The people, and sorry guys, mainly the women really came through for us and baked an incredible amount of goods. So my next concern was, will we get enough people by our table to have a chance to sell all the goods. No problem, the mall was busy and many people from the church came by to purchase their needed fix to beat their sugar cravings.




Numerous people stopped and discussed our plans and genuinely took a keen interest in our goals. Many seemed impressed to hear of our long term plan to stay involved with VHII. I was surprised with my own ability to discuss the trip with people and have much I enjoyed the chance to meet people and discuss the Mission. It was great too, to get to know some of my Mission Team mates a bit more.




All tolled we raised about $685 and sold over three large table fulls of baked goods, and took 8 salmon orders. It was a great day and tomorrow we head to ACC Hampton to be introduced to the congregation there. Unfortunately I have a committment that will prevent me from attending but my prayers are with the team as they travel.




God Bless and great work today guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment