Monday, February 15, 2010

14/02/10

I was in Saint John this evening while the Mission Team hosted it's second fund raising event of the weekend. At the Church the Team hosted a Valentine's Date night where couples could come and enjoy a fun filled night, and eat some cheesecake and throw some pies :)

Three generous volunteers put their face up for auction you might say. They were willing to take a pie in the face for a good cause. Bill Arsenault, Andrew Glidden, and MLA Bruce Northrup, helped the team raise funds for our trip. I had emailed the Kings East MLA just the other day and even with short notice he was still a great sport and took the prize for the highest selling pie. Thanks a bunch Bruce. The team will be sure to put your effort to great use.

I feel a bit guilty not being there, but I had a previous family commitment and since they will be making a huge sacrifice in May, I want to be sure to spend time with them now. From those I spoke with though the night was entertaining and fun. Our next event will be another souper luncheon the last Sunday of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment