Thursday, February 4, 2010

31/01/10

Another Sunday has come and is pretty much over now. I recieved a Bible at this mornings church service as a commemoration of my baptism last summer. It was a great feeling for me to stand at the front of the church again and reaffirm my beliefs. Unfortunately I learned yesterday that Rob McDonald will no longer be making the trip to Guatemala with us. He stated that it just was not right for him at this time. Although I didn't know him well, I had bonded with him during the first souper luncheon and was looking forward to getting to know him and his family more as we prepared to go.

At our meeting this evening we again discussed fund raisers, passports, bartering, and medical concerns. I have prepped my letter for funding support and I hope to start getting those out this week. It was a tough letter to write, especially given the harsh economic times and the fact that many people will be giving to Haiti. If God truly wants us in Villa Hortencia though he will make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment